3D RIG

Operating SDM
elizakate

3D RIG

Postby elizakate » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:03 am

Hi,

I've got 6 a480 canon cameras with SDM installed on the memory cards. I also have one of Werners switches connected to all of the cameras. What i'm trying to work out is which 3D mode is best for shooting either posed portraits or action/movement shots with all six 6 cameras firing at once. And how do I assign which camera will flash.

Thanks in advance.

3dreal

Re: 3D RIG

Postby 3dreal » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:20 am

did you consult the manual? send werner an email since he probably doesnt look here often.
I have a four-cam-switch, will later also get a 6-one. and testing external flash-firing. I would think about that too. a new setup had been implemented. i didnt yet check. i have found out how to setup with the earlier version. i asked in Stereophotomaker yahoo if someone already has tested that.

Depthcam

Re: 3D RIG

Postby Depthcam » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:18 pm

What i'm trying to work out is which 3D mode is best for shooting either posed portraits or action/movement shots with all six 6 cameras firing at once. And how do I assign which camera will flash.

I hope you figured it out by now as I haven't been here in six months !

With the A480, the first thing is to set the metering to "evaluative". I am not sure if the A480 has a manual mode but choose something where you can control ISO and set ISO to 100. Higher ISO settings degrade the picture.

Set one camera as the right one and all the others as the left. Set flash and the right camera will flash.

This is not the ideal way of using flash with multi cam rigs. Best is to use an external flash controller. But there aren't any available just now even though one person says he may have one available shortly.

Francois

Return to “Operating SDM”